Kong Seh Ping
D: +65 6837 8105
F: +65 6336 6547
- LL.B. (Upper Second Class Honours), 1994
- Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple), 1995
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya, 1996
- Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore, 1999
- Solicitor, High Court of Hong Kong SAR, 2008
See full profile
Seh Ping’s principal areas of practice are in Mergers & Acquisition (M&A), Corporate Commercial, and Technology Media and Telecommunications (TMT). Effectively bilingual in English and Malay and conversant in Mandarin, coupled with her years of practice in Malaysia, Singapore, China and Hong Kong, Seh Ping has wide and deep exposure and experience representing clients in multi-jurisdictional cross border investments, M&A, sale and purchase of companies and business and other corporate transactions.
Due to her substantial experience advising on distribution, franchising, licensing, co-branding and other IP intensive commercial matters, as well as advising on regulatory issues arising from e-commerce and IT transactions, Seh Ping has particular expertise in analyzing, structuring and documenting IP/IT aspects of acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
Seh Ping also frequently advises start-ups and small and medium enterprises in their corporate and fund-raising transactions.
Notable transactions that Seh Ping had worked on include:
• Advising NTUC FairPrice Co-operative on its acquisition of NTUC Health Co-operative’s pharmacy business which involved 60 pharmacy stores under the “Unity” brand name and the “Origins Healthcare” distribution business;
• Advising the Lonza Group on its joint venture with Bio*Capital One, the investment arm of EDB, in connection with the establishment of 2 commercial-scale mammalian cell-based contract manufacturing facilities located in Tuas Biomedical Park at a total costs of more than US$700 million;
• Advising the Breadtalk Group on joint ventures in Thailand, Hong Kong and Taiwan respectively in relation to the establishment and management of food courts and food atriums under the tradename, “Food Republic”, and on joint ventures in Thailand and Hong Kong respectively in relation to the establishment and management of restaurants under the trade name, “Din Tai Fung”;
• Advising MoneyMax Financial Services Ltd in respect of its first overseas investment to hold the majority stake, through its own wholly-owned subsidiary, Cash Online Sdn Bhd, in a network of Malaysian pawnshops, as well as on a new joint venture with Aucnet Inc. (which is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange) to develop Singapore’s first online live B2B auction platform. Catalist-listed MoneyMax owns and operates one of Singapore’s largest pawn broking chains;
• Advising the beneficial shareholders of EPC Holdings Pte Ltd (“EPCH”) on the sale of all the issued and paid-up share capital of EPCH to Hagihara Industries, Inc. (listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange). EPCH is a holding company incorporated in Singapore, with 9 subsidiaries located in various jurisdictions, including Australia, Ireland, USA and South America, and is a major distributor of synthetic fibre reinforced concrete to the construction sector in over 20 countries;
• Advising the Fintonia Group in connection with its management buyout of Bluescope Buildings’ pre-engineered building business and the formation of Nova Buildings, headquartered in Singapore, to take over ownership and operations of BlueScope Buildings’ key fabrication assets located at a facility in Bien Hoa of the Dong Nai province in Vietnam;
• Advising Macnica Networks, Inc., on its acquisition of a majority stake in Netpoleon Solutions Pte Ltd, a leading VAD for network and IT security solutions and services with regional subsidiaries in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and the Philippines; and
• Advising AIDA Technologies Pte Ltd and its founders in connection with the Series A fundraising which successfully closed on 12 April 2019 with investors comprise Mastercard, Kuok Ventures and SGInnovate. AIDA Technologies Pte Ltd, a Singapore start-up that provides AI based predictive analytics solutions, was founded in 2016 by a team of data scientists from a research institute run by Singapore’s Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*Star).